Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

No Air Condition...Flowy Dress It Is!

Well, my classroom has no air condition and it was about 90 degrees yesterday and today. It's been so hot and sweaty with twenty kids (as you can see my hair is up and it looks like my makeup melted off). This picture was taken after school today and even though I felt pretty disgusting after sweating all day, this was the perfect outfit for the day. I loved wearing this loose and flowy little black dress today. I had to add something to make it less boring, so I put a black belt and added a flower pin to spice it up! What do you add to your little black dresses to make it less boring and plain?

Tomorrow is Field Day for the kids, so I'll be wearing cool and comfy clothes! Only a few days left of school, which means lots of fun things planned for the kids!

Little Black Dress from TJ Maxx (last year) similar to this for $30!
Black Waist Belt from Forever 21 (old) similar to this for $15.60.
Blush Flower Pin from Forever 21 (last year) similar to this for $9.95.
Black Sandals from TJ Maxx (this year) similar to these for $17.99.

9 comments:

  1. No air? I might die. Today I walked my different classes to and from the city library to lean about the summer reading program. I walked a total of about 8 miles throughout the day asking all the classes. Luckily it was only like 60 hear today. Anyway, I'm super beat. School's almost done!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is adorable!! we have no air either and it's been rough!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek this outfit is WAY TOO CUTE! Summer is almost here and we will have no choice but to dress in adorable, flowy dresses every day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is beautiful! You scored it at such a great deal last year!! Love the floral belt (I want it now hehe). I hope tomorrow is better and cooler! What are your plans for summer? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so creative. I would have never thought of adding a pin to a belt! Lately I have been a little obsessed with belts so you have inspired me to make one! :)Sweating at work? welcome to my world lol Where I live, we sweat walking to our car from the office haha :) you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have added flower pins to belts & even scarves before. This definitely dresses up your LBD too. Great outfits lately. I added your blog button to my page, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty dress :) I know what you mean! My classroom has no A/C and is so hot right now. I can only wear loose fitting dresses to somewhat keep me cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear....nothing gets me through summer like a loose flowy dress! You look so pretty Amy! I love the dress with the belt and flower pin (so creative)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really is the perfect dress for a very hot day!

    ReplyDelete